Monday, October 27, 2008

Pumpkin Bars

Well, needless to say I have been baking up a storm. Just about everyday I come home from school with the urge to bake something, I guess as a stress reliever. My mom's friend gave her the recipe, and I don't think she will mind me sharing it. IT IS SOOO YUMMY! I have made about 4 in the past week! (gave them all away in case you were worried=)

Pumpkin Bars

4 eggs
1 ⅔ c. Sugar
1 c. Oil
1 16 oz can Pumpkin
2 cups Flour
2 tsp. Baking soda
2 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Baking powder

In mixing bowl, beat together egg, sugar, oil and pumpkin until light and fluffy. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and soda. Add to the pumpkin mixture and mix thoroughly. Spread batter in an ungreased 15x10 pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes. Cool. Frost with Cream Cheese Icing. Cut into bars.


Cream Cheese Icing

1 3 oz. Package of cream cheese
½ c. butter or margarine, softened
1 tsp. Vanilla
2 c. powdered sugar

Cream together cheese and butter, stir in vanilla and powdered sugar a little at a time, beating until smooth.

Personally, I keep in the in the refrigerator. They are much better cold.

No comments: