Friday, July 17, 2009

16 days and counting {anxiously}

The countdown is on! 16 days until I am in the country of El Salvador. We are going to 5 different cities and orphanages while we are there. We get to pretty much travel the whole country. We are going to be leaving Sunday, August 2nd and return the following Sunday, August 9th. We will arrive in San Salvador around 9:00Pm our time.

Here are the cities with the days. Each city will have an orphanage we visit.
Monday: San Salvador
Tuesday: Santa Ana
Wednesday: San Martin
Thursday: Our day of sight seeing in El Salvador.
Friday: Sonsonate
Saturday: Aguachapan
Sunday we leave and will return 4:20PM our time.

All in all, I am super excited and ready to head over there. We are having a team meeting tomorrow to go over all of the details. I am glad that we are going to be at different orphanages every day. Last year in Colombia, we were at two the whole week and it really made it hard to leave the kids because we had such a strong connection. This will help my "getting too attached" to all of the kids. That is what I fear the most. Last year was so difficult to come home because I got really attached to a few of them. I know I am going to want to snag a few of them while I am there. Adoption and orphan ministry is such a passion that I have, this is something I feel so called to do. Unlike school, I LOVE it and have such a feeling of doing "my calling."

*PRAYER*

Please start praying for me now. I know that I will have such a joyous time while I am there, but pray that I can be focused and pour my whole heart on to these kids. Pray that even though I cannot speak their language, that Christ's love would be so abundant to them and that they would come to know the love and salvation that only our Heavenly Father can give. Pray that I am strong enough and well prepared to go over there, and strong enough to leave. I know now how better to prepare to leave, and know that I have to be completely dependent on my God before I go. I want to give them my full energy, attention, and heart while I am there. I also really HATE leaving trips like these. When I get home I feel like I have left them behind and get really lonely and sad. My heart hurts that I cannot scoop them all up and give them a family like the one I have been blessed with. Lastly, pray that we all have fun and enjoy our time over there. Sharing Christ and especially with orphans, well, I can't think of anything better to do with a week of my life.

1 comment:

Paige said...

I hate to break it to you Sarah but I know you will still get attached! I know I did when I went! So excited for you!