Sunday, January 3, 2010

The (soon-to-be-) Crosby Show


I AM ENGAGED! Yes, you read that right! I am getting married to Abel Crosby on May 15, 2010, and am the happiest, luckiest, most blessed girl out there! Hence "The Crosby Show" (my new blog title to come) ;) I will try to summarize the story:

It all started New Year's Eve. I was supposed to come to his house for the night and go on his boat to look at fire works and then to a friends party. Well...
We took his row boat out on Lake Belton. It was so windy and choppy that
I kept being a baby and getting scared that the front of the boat would buck up and we would flip out. Again, I was being quite the scaredy cat. Abel was so good at comforting me! We were out there for a little while, when he said it was time to go in.

So he started rowing. I told him to hand me an ore so I could help. He handed me his instead and just started smiling at me! I kept saying "Babe, we are never going to make it if I am the only one rowing."

At about that time, he starts looking into the shore and says "Hey I think there is a deer over there." I was so in the zone that I just kept rowing. So he shouted "Hey, deer!" and all of the sudden the shore lit up with "Marry Me" in white Christmas lights. ( he knows white are my fav.)

I quickly stopped paddling! He asked me what it said but I didn't answer fearing my eyes were playing tricks on me. I knew if I said "Marry Me" he would laugh and it would have really said "Merry Christmas" or something.

But THANKFULLY it said "MARRY ME!!!" It was so sweet and I am SO in love!

This was right after we got back to his house!

Oh ya, he had a beautiful bouquet of flowers on the hike back to his car, and surprised me by having my parents come to spend the night! He even planned a brunch for the day after!! How blessed am I?!!? OOO.. and my ring!! I could not have pick out a better one myself!
My ring!

He picked out the flowers all on his own! So beautiful!

I have found the most amazing man out there! He is my best friend, he is an amazing man of God, and the LOVE of my life! I cannot believe that he has chosen me to be his wife! I am so excited to spend the rest of my life with him! I pray that I will be a wife to loves him and fears the Lord.

2 comments:

Nat said...

Congratulations, sweetie! I am so happy for you both. Exciting times! God bless your relationship:)

Missy Robinson said...

Congratulations!! Can't wait to do your wedding flowers... oh, man are the creative juices flowing!
Love you both. Tell Abe that Owen says HI!
xoxoxoxo