Tuesday, July 22, 2008

"Ruin my Life"

So, life for me has been so fast lately! I have been running back and forth from Lorena to Belton, to Temple, to Brenham and back! With gas prices the way they are this is not a good thing on my bank account=) Thankfully, I have been teaching swimming lessons to 5 kiddos while I am in Brenham. I have actually been learning a lot about myself and the Lord, through it. I have been learning more about trust in teaching swimming lessons. The same way these little kiddos have to trust that I will not let them drowned, we as Christians have to put all our trust in the Lord. When I make one swim out to me they are so scared but they know I am there to help them if they need it. The Lord does this with us everyday. He allows us to make choices and gives us the freedom to "swim to the side" on our own, but He is always there ready to pick us up if we start to lose sight of our goal. And when my little ones do a great job, they get their piece of candy. The same way we are rewarded and blessed when we are doing Christ's will for our lives. Well thats my simple analogy for the day!
This Jeff Johnson song has been so wonderful for me to listen to everyday. My friend Paige reminded me of it and it has helped me with my whole moving around schools. It's saying "Ruin my life, the plans that I have made." God stripped everything that I thought I had planned, and in making me only lean on Him, He gave me a wonderful, exciting, and new upcoming experience. I am very excited and know that in following His direction for my life, I am going to be oh so very blessed! I am moving to College Station on August 15th! Kelsey and I have an apartment and are very excited about decorating and living together! I am currently looking for a job in College Station, so if any of you know anything that would be great! Also, I looove babysitting, so if you know anyone with children in College Station feel free to give them my number or e-mail me at skfathauer@yahoo.com =))
Jeff Johnson
Ruin Me
Woe to me I am unclean A sinner found in Your presence I see you seated on Your throne Exalted, Your Glory surrounds You.
Now the plans that I have made Fail to compare when I see your glory
Ruin my life the plans I have madeRuin desires for my own selfish gain Destroy the idols that have taken Your place'Till its You alone I live for, You alone I live for. (repeat)
Holy Holy is the Lord Almighty Holy is the Lord! Holy Holy is the Lord Almighty Holy is the Lord! Text Color

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
I love you so much! You are such a cutie. I have enjoyed reading your blog. I am so glad that you are trusting in the Lord and letting Him lead you. It will be a great ride...and you can be sure that He will not lead you astray! Keep your eyes focused on Him and He will direct you in all ways! I am so happy that you are going to be closer to home. You are precious!!!! Even if I do have to clean up after you!!! JK
Mom

Anonymous said...

I love you and I am going to miss you so much!
-Kelsey

Missy Robinson said...

Sarah,
God Bless whatever you do, where ever you go, whatever happens. You are such a sweet, smart girl. I am glad you will be around more and look forward to getting to chat.
Love ya,
Missy Robinson