Wednesday, September 2, 2009

105 Days until Christmas Break


It's official, I still hate school! Today is day 3 and I have already begun my Christmas Break Countdown. 105 days until my last final, and I am out of school for a month. + One more semester and I will officially have my Associates and be finished with school.

OK, so I may be exaggerating just a little bit. I do hate school, but college is so fun! I love cooking things I love and just living on my own is so fun. (I do miss home too, mom and dad) =) I Love Love Love my apartment. I have finally gotten my room all together. It looked like I just moved in, and had been living there for a year! I do still need my bed frame, but the majority is done! I decided not to paint my room, simply because I was sick and tired of painting. Everything that is a color has to be turned back to boring white when we leave!

--My bathroom--


--My room--

--Bed frame to come--

Living and Dining Room

my computer is right behind the wall with the couch. We do have a tradition herein Aggie land... go figure... A bunch of my friends all get together Tuesday evenings and do dinner and go to Breakaway. It is so fun to have fellowship and then go praise and learn about our magnificent God.

I guess I should add something about classes. I do think God has me here for a reason. Out of all of my semesters of college, I feel God calling me to be a Light in the classroom. My first class is argumentation and debate and I was assigned Church/State Relations as my topic for the year. Ironic? Two of the categories I came up with were: Evolution v. Creation and Prayer in public schools. My group of 4 will split up and take opposing sides and argue similar topics. Abortion, homosexuality and government are all topics we can discuss as well. I know, God put me in that class for a reason. I also have a prof. who cusses every 2 seconds. I have never heard more curse words in my life, than in that one hour of class. I have a mass communications Prof who talked about how his views on journalism and our world were anything but Conservative, and another Prof who tried to tell the class that the earth came to be like a dust bunny! I had to giggle a little.

It seems that God is taken out and skewed up in our schools and world today! I have a hard time holding my tongue sometimes because I know the truth and can't even imagine how people do not believe. It makes me mad and mostly sad for them that they do not have this amazing relationship with the God I know and love.

It's a little longer than I expected, but I am procrastinating on reading.

No comments: