Wednesday, October 28, 2009

{Daughter of the King}

They were the "brides maids"

I am in Aggie Sisters for Christ, and we had our semester "retreat" last weekend. Let me start off by saying how much I ADORE my girls in my WIL (Bible study) group!! Here are the list of events.

Friday PM
*EAT yummy Laynes chicken
*Scavenger/find the letters princess in nature and things around you game
*dress your WIL group leader (ME) up as a princess using toilet paper, foil, makeup, saran wrap etc.
*Worship
*Speaker
*Back to my apartment for fellowship, food, and fun.. and a little bit of sleep
Saturday AM
*breakfast
*worship
*speaker
*home (or in my case Galveston)

The theme was Princess or Daughter of the King, so my amazingly creative girls and I thought to dress me up as a "The bride of Christ--the ultimate princess." Yes, it was a little "churchy" per say, but hey, we wanted to win--and be creative!

The Lord was active and moving this weekend. We all decided as a WIL group that we would ask each other avidly if we were doing a DAILY quiet time. It is so much fun walking with our amazing heavenly Father together. I can see evidence in each of their lives that God is moving and working to further His kingdom. And isn't it so much fun to be in HIS will for our lives?!?

Showin of my "BLING"

My silly girls
"Daughters of kings are among your honored women; at your right hand is the royal bride in gold of Ophir. Listen, O daughter, consider and give ear: Forget your people and your father's house. The king is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. The Daughter of Tyre will come with a gift men of wealth will seek your favor. All glorious is the princess within her chamber ; her gown is interwoven with gold. In embroidered garments she is led to the king..."

Psalm 45:9-14

No comments: