Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The best chicken I have ever eaten

Day 2
Hello again. It's almost midnight and today was long so please excuse any grammar and spelling errors.

Today was an amazing day! We went to an all girls orphanage. I cannot think of the city, but it was about 1 1/2 hours away from San Salvador.

We had so much fun with the girls today. We made bracelets, Bible covers, had Bible lessons, sang songs, bought shoes and made hot dogs with the girls. they were such a blessing. These girls reminded me more of the girls from Colombia!

We left the orphanage and went to one of our translators grandmothers house. (All three of the translators are from El Salvador) Her aunt, cousin, grandmother, and grandfather were all there. It was so fun to see them together. The grandma had demsia ?? and when we were saying hello, kept saying "adios." She was soooo cute! They were all so hospitable and so nice to welcome us into their home. The grandfather prayed as we left, and I know the Holy Spirit was in that room. I loved them so much.

We ate dinner after that, at an authentic El Salvadorean Restaurant. Can I just say that the rotiserie chicken was the BEST chicken I HAVE EVER eaten!!!! NO Lie! We were ohing and awing over this chicken. My mom even stole it from our translators table. She said they could get their own =) haha she was kidding! I think.... We also ate Papussa's. They are like tortillas with beans, cheese and pork in them. It was SO good! The best meal so far! We all wanna go back and eat that chicken. The restaurant had monkeys and parrots outside in cages where we were. I know that sounds disgusting, but they were not right by us. haha One of the monkeys got mad at Amber and grabbed her. Shhh... Don't tell her mom! We laughed so hard. All the "younger girls" with us were all freaked out!

We finally made it back to our hotel, to head right back out to Pops-- an ice cream place. We had eaten so much chicken I wonder how we managed to fit ice cream in our bellies-- but we did! We debriefed and talked about the days events. It is hard to leave after just one day, but we know the Lord is working through us. Some of the girl stood up today and thanked us all on their own. They had the translators say it in front of everyone! How brave and courageous they are!

Ok I know this is getting long, I just wanna have it all written for when I come home! Please pray for us tomorrow! We are going to the special needs orphanage-- enough said. It is going to be a VERY emotional draining day! Pray for strength, patience, and peace. These kids/adults need more love than any of the others. My heart aches just thinking about it!

Well goodnight all!!!!!

No comments: