Saturday, August 8, 2009

I have not laughed so hard in a long time...

Day 5

Back off to the orphanages. We were in Sonsonate today! It was an older girls ranging in age from 8-18. It was a fun day. The girls thought that I was famous. They asked me to sign their notebook and take a picture with them. It was so cute! We had to tell them over and over, that I was no different from them, and I was not a movie star! haha Oh, they are all so sweet! We painted pillow cases and made bracelets with them. We also cooked them hot dogs. Over here they put Siveeche (sp?) on their hot dogs. It is like a cole slaw. The girls downed some hot dogs, chips and cookies. We also got to do a lot of girlie things like makeup, hair and nails. They were older, so it was fun to do things like that with them. I think they really appreciated it!

These girls were so special, and we enjoyed , loving on them. It touched me dearly, because they are not too much younger than me. I will miss them all.


Oh ya, I almost forgot!!! It is Alyson Tofel's birthday Monday, and we told the girls. Well, the girls sang "Happy Birthday" and about ten minutes later, they all gather around her and throw her up and down saying "Uno, dos, tres... all the way to veinty y uno" haha The facial expression she had was SOOO funny! She didn't know they were going to do it and so her face was priceless!!!!!! hahaha Oh wow a top moment of the trip so far! haha Besides the girls that is...

No comments: