Monday, August 3, 2009

Uno Dia--(Happy bday Daddy)

Day one in El Salvador has been amazing! We landed yesterday and got all packed into a van and left for our hotel. Our hotel is AMAZING! It is so nice! This is going to be very rough and have plenty of errors, but I am running off little sleep and just want to recap today's events!

7:00 Breakfast ( we thought that we could go at 9 to the orphanage)
10:00 finally got to meet some little kiddos
-We played sang songs in spanish- I am sooo rusty-
-Played with jump ropes, side-walk chalk, balls, etc outside
-made bracelets
-Bible lesson

4:00 El Salvador "Wal-Mart" WAY bigger than ours.
8:00 dinner at our hotel and debrief
--Happy birthday Dad! Yummy cakes!

All in all today was successful. I felt like I was busy passing out stuff and organizing, that I felt like I didn't love on too many kids. I was later reminded that God had a purpose for me today, and even though I didn't have some huge emotional moment like some, God placed me where he wanted me today. I am following His will, and I have to know that He is going to have me at the right place and right time.

I cannot wait for tomorrow. It is an middle/older all girls orphanage. I know God is working through us here! He has blessed me so much already!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds to me like you are having an amazing time! I know that God will definitely put you in the right place at the right time. I love you and am thinking and praying for you.
In Christ,
Hannah

Paige said...

What the heck?!? You are in a nice hotel? We stayed with nuns, cold water & no air conditioning! So jealous!

I love you & am praying for you!!