Monday, August 10, 2009

Don't wake a sleeping baby!

Day 6

Our last day in El Salvador. We were at an orphanage in Ahuachapan today. It was the furthest drive, with the littlest kids. The kids here were very well taken care of and the older girls seemed to take care of the younger ones. The girls were ranging from 2-14 I believe. It was such a joy to be there. We did the same things as the days before, like bracelets, singing and a Bible lesson. They were truly a joy to be with.

There was a baby duck at the orphanage and Shirley said to my mom "The duck has no mommy too." It was an orphan duck so they kept it and took care of it! So sweet!!!!

We did a pinata and I taught "my" two year old to act like she was giving it to the adults and say.." no!" haha She was so precious. She feel asleep in my arms and was still sleeping when we had to leave. I told everyone I had to take her cause you shouldn't wake a sleeping baby! But they made me pass her off. She didn't wake up, but when she did I bet she thought it all was a dream. I hope one of the best dreams she has ever dreamt.

I miss all of the kids that we encountered. Even though we were only there one day, they all have such a special place in my heart!

We visited a place where one of the volcano's erupted and got to take bits of lava rock with us.

Then we were off to dinner! A Dinner we will never forget! We arrived at what we thought was going to be a restaurant, but it was turned into some store, so we decided to just eat next door. It said karaoke on it, so we were all excited. We all got Congas (a specialty fruit drink in El Salvador) and did karaoke. We danced and had such a fun time. A band came about an hour after we got there and we danced to their music and they sang to Alyson "Pretty woman and Happy Birthday." Words cannot even begin to describe what a fun night we had. I will miss seeing our team members every day. They were such a great group and the Lord really knew what He was doing when He placed us together.

No comments: