Saturday, August 8, 2009

Lago de Coatepeque

Day 3 was extremely hard... I will prolly write my own post on it, but right now would be too hard. I am too emotionally tired to think about it.

Day 4

Today was our "off" day. We went to an awesome lake called Lago de Coatepeque. The lake was right beside a volcano. Active volcano I might add. We took a two hour boat ride around the lake. There was an Island in the middle that all of the rich people go to for special occasions and holidays. The water was SO clear. You could see 20 feet below you! I had such a good time!!! We ate dinner at the lake, at a hotel overlooking the water! Again, the food was amazing!! I had shrimp. (I will add pics as soon as I download them) It was the WHOLE shrimp. Next we went to the market. It was a bargainers dream. If they said $2.00 you worked your way down to .50$ It was fun to bargain. I got some pretty cool gifts. I cannot say cause I havent given them;)

It was nice to have a day to regain strength and stamina for the two days ahead. We needed a day to relax mentally, especially from the day before. It was a nice refresher and we were ready to go back and love on kids the next day.

No comments: